Make an executive decision to spend your President's Day Holiday Weekend playing in the Lone Star Invitational February 18-20, 2023, at our Children's Health StarCenters throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan area! This annual event features head-to-head match-ups of 10U-18U AA, A and A2(B) level Travel/Select and Silver/Bronze High School league players and teams from across the Nation, who are ready and rarin' to get on the ice and compete for one of our signature "Texas-Sized" Boot Trophies! With more benefits than you can shake a stick at, ya'll don't want to miss this opportunity to experience a competitive President's Day holiday weekend of hockey in the Lone Star State! *Tournament is open to AA, A and A2(B) level Travel/Select and Gold/Silver/Bronze Varsity/Jr. Varsity High School programs. Subdivisions may be created based on levels.
To secure your spot, please register your team today by clicking on the appropriate Division link on the left Nav bar! For any inquiries or additional information, please CLICK HERE to complete our online Contact form and a member of our Staff will contact you as soon as possible.
NOTE: This is a stay to play tournament. A 3-Night Minimum Stay is required. STAY2PLAY hotel accommodations are carefully selected to ensure quality and best available rates. A sufficient number of hotel properties have been secured/made available for visiting teams and/or event participants. ALL REGISTERED TEAMS WILL RECEIVE NOTIFICATION VIA EMAIL, ONCE HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE, ONCE REGISTRATION CLOSES, IF NOT SOONER.TEAMS MUST BE REGISTERED FOR THE TOURNAMENT PRIOR TO MAKING STAY2PLAY HOTEL RESERVATIONS. All visiting teams are required to stay only at listed hotel properties at rates listed for each selected property in order to participate in the tournament. Again, A 3-night minimum stay is required. Teams are required to Check-In to their designated STAY2PLAY hotel property a minimum of 1-day prior to the start of the tournament, regardless of start times on the first day of the tournament. Teams are required to Check-Out of their designated STAY2PLAY hotel property on the final day of the tournament, regardless of standings/seedings for Finals. Use of award points is strictly prohibited. No other booking sites, discounts, point awards, special rates or programs, regardless of how obtained, will be accepted. Participants who fail to follow these guidelines may be subject to disciplinary measures including, but not limited to, suspension or removal from the event, or other sanctions.
RINK | DIVISION LOCATIONS (STAY2PLAY HOTEL LOCATIONS)
• 10U TRAVEL/SELECT - StarCenter Richardson | Plano | McKinney | Frisco (RICHARDSON / PLANO / FRISCO)
• 12U TRAVEL/SELECT - StarCenter Plano | Richardson | Frisco | McKinney(PLANO / RICHARDSON / FRISCO)
• 14U TRAVEL/SELECT - StarCenter Farmers Branch | Euless (FARMERS BRANCH / DALLAS / EULESS / IRVING)
• 16U & 18U TRAVEL/SELECT/HIGH SCHOOL - StarCenter Euless | Mansfield (EULESS / IRVING / DFW / ARLINGTON)
*Each division may play one or more games at a single rink, multiple rinks or a combination of all rinks listed.
*Additional rinks may be added or listed rinks changed/removed as/if needed
DIVISION | LEVEL | TEAM STRUCTURE
• 10U | 12U | 14U - AA, A, A2 (B) Level Travel/Select League Teams*
• 16U & 18U - AA & A Level Travel/Select League | High School Varsity/Jr. Varsity Teams*
*Subdivisions may be created based on level
*High School teams ( 16U & 18U Only) must play in the age group/division of their oldest player.
*Tournament Divisions/Participating Teams are released on HockeyShift approx. 10-14 days prior to the start of the tournament, if not sooner.
*Division Minimum - Additional Information.
4 GAME MINIMUM
Each team will play a minimum of four (4) games throughout the tournament event. See example schedule below:
• Saturday | 1 or More Games Possible [Possible Morning / Afternoon / Evening]
• Sunday | 1 or More Games Possible [Morning / Afternoon / Evening]
• Monday | 1 or More Games Possible [Morning / Afternoon]
*Teams should expect to play starting early on Saturday.
*Semi-Final Rounds for all divisions are NOT Guaranteed.
*Championship or Consolation Games (if played) may result in a 2nd game for some teams on Monday.
*Final games are expected be complete by 5 o’clock PM (CT) on Monday for all teams. **PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY**
*Each division may play all games at one primary rink, a secondary rink or a combination of rinks.
*Game Schedules are released on HockeyShift (our online Stats & Standings program) approximately 7-10 days prior to the start of the tournament, if not sooner.
• 10U | TEAM ENTRY FEE: $2,195
• 12U-18U | HIGH SCHOOL | TEAM ENTRY FEE: $2,295
*$500 deposit due at the time of registration acceptance with the final amount due by the Registration Deadline.
*Acceptance into the tournament is automatic upon completion of registration, unless otherwise noted.
*Tournament Online Roster & Team Information Form Submission will begin soon after registration closes. All participating teams will be notified once Roster submission begins.
• USA Hockey Sanctioned
• Top-Level Competition
• EMS personnel onsite for all games
• Music in rink lobbies and during warm-ups
• Championship Award Presentation
• Dallas Stars Tournaments signature team "Texas-Sized" Boot Trophy for Division Champion & Finalist
• Individual Tournament Division Champion MVP award
• Real-time scores, standings and statistics via HockeyShift